Contest with prize!
Take digital photos of these Dyer books (Mary Dyer Illuminated, Mary Dyer: For Such a Time as This, and/or The DYERS of London, Boston, & Newport) in various settings such as:
- artfully placed on a coffee table or bookshelf,
- face-down and open on the patio lounge chair (or your relaxing spouse's chest),
- your dog resting its head on the short stack,
- part of a still-life with a plant or plate,
- the books and antiques near a fireplace,
- the books photobombing your kids' faces,
- the books at one of the three Mary Dyer statues,
- your kids in Puritan/Pilgrim costume, holding books or Kindle
- propped up on a restaurant or coffee shop table,
- under a Christmas tree with wrapped gifts,
- yourself with the books next to the public library sign,
- your Mary Dyer shrine (c'mon, I suspect some of you actually have one!),
- your brilliant, creative placement.
If you have the books on Kindle, take a photo of the Kindle in a unique setting, open to the cover art.
Send the digital photos (photoshopped alterations are OK) to my secondary email account at <editornado2 (at) gmail (dot) com>. Submission deadline: Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014.
I'll ask two people to judge the photos, and I’ll send the winner a prize: an 8x10" photo of Mary Dyer's handwritten letter of 26 October 1659. The 8x10" photo is a smaller version of the poster found only in this blog.
The photos, with attribution to you, will be featured in the Dyer blog after the contest closes.
Thanks for participating! Looking forward to your submissions.
Tick-tock! November 8, 2014.